A) The "Hayzer Graver:"
-initially designed to carve figures onto wood using a rotary engraving tool
-changed to engraving only letters and periods (for sentences)
-utilizes 3 motors:
1. controls vertical movement of rotary tool (in relation to the surface of the wood)
2. controls y-axis movement of gantry mechanism
3. controls x-axis movement of gantry mechanism
(see Mr. Bozz for details of gantry mechanism)
-program asks for a size of font, 3 dimensions of the wood, and the phrase/sentence
to be engraved.
-points of interest:
1. program is over 1500 lines of code and counting
2. some other cool stuff, can't easily describe without a picture
Name: Erik Hayes
College Major: Computer Science
College: Drexel University
Future Plans: To start own software company (then eventually take out Bill Gates and
proceed to rule the world!)
Hobbies: cars, computers, and other expensive items of interest
Favorite Teacher: Bozz (who said brownie points were ever a bad thing?)
Let me know
if you require any more information from me.